Benefits of Laughter Yoga – 5 main benefits
- Elevates Mood ~ Laughter Yoga can change your mood within minutes by releasing endorphins from your brain cells. This makes you feel good and if you are in a good mood you do everything well. It makes you cheerful all throughout the day.
- Health Benefits ~ Laughter Yoga reduces stress and strengthens the immune system. If your immune system is strong you will not fall sick easily and if you have chronic health conditions, it will help to heal faster.
- Business Benefits ~ Our brain needs 25 % more oxygen for optimal functioning. Laughter exercises can increase net supply of oxygen to our body and brain which helps to improve efficiency and performance. You will feel energetic and can work more than you normally do without getting tired.
- Social Connector ~ Quality of life depends upon quality of our friends and our relationships. Laughter is a great connector of people and brings lots of good friend with caring and sharing relationship.
- Laughing through Challenges ~ Anyone can laugh when times are good, but Laughter Yoga teaches people to laugh unconditionally so that they can laugh even when times are hard. It provides strength in adversity, a coping mechanism to help people keep a positive mental attitude regardless of circumstances.
- Sense of well-being, more laughter & joy
- Develop of sense of humour & more childlike playfulness
- Best Cardio workout
- More oxygen – negative emotions constrict breathing, longer out-breath than in-breath
- Increase blood circulation
- Stress buster – 70 to 80% illness is related to stress
- Makes you look younger
- Boosts immune system
- Heart disease and hypertension
- Depression – positive state of mind, social connector
- Anxiety and Panic attacks
- Natural pain killer
Personal Growth benefits
- Taking life less seriously
- Being kind to self and others
- Maintains emotional balance
- focus on bringing happiness to others
- sharing this wonderful gift.
- Less fixated on self/me/ I
Laughter Yoga & Stress
|Happy cocktail||Stress Hormones|
|· Serotonin||· Adrenaline – flight or fright hormone|
|· Dopamine||· Cortisol|
|· Endorphins, natural pain killers||Takes 30 min/couple of days to find equilibrium after Stress Hormones have been released!|