This is a two-day Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training (CLYL).
Cape Town, Noordhoek – dates to TBC
Saturday & Sunday 9am to 5pm both days
Training is offered by Kate Squire-Howe, a certified Laughter Yoga Teacher, trained by Dr Kataria (founder of Laughter Yoga). On completion of the training, attendees will be certified as Laughter Yoga Leaders, affiliated to Laughter Yoga International.
This training focuses on how to lead a laughter session for social clubs, corporate organizations, seniors, school children and people with special needs.
What we will cover in the Training: You will acquire the facilitation skills of how to lead a group of people through a laughter session, laughter meditation (free flow laughter) and relaxation.
- History, concept and philosophy of Laughter Yoga
- Steps of Laughter Yoga
- 40 Laughter Yoga Foundation Exercises
- What is Laughter Yoga
- The benefits of Laughter Yoga, scientific research and contra-indications
- Laughter Yoga in companies & corporations
- How To laugh alone exercise routine
- Laughter Yoga with Seniors, school children, special groups (Cancer, Hospice, Support Groups)
- How to start a Laughter Club
Who should participate in the Laughter Yoga Leader training?
- Anyone interested in learning more about laughter and laughter yoga
- Anyone interested in leading others (family, friends, colleagues, students, seniors, etc.) in laughter yoga; starting Laughter Yoga Social Clubs, spreading laughter in the World
- This course is a great compliment/skill to have in all areas of work, in particular those in the caring profession (Counsellors, Psychologists, Social Workers, Nurses, Doctors, Care-givers, Human resources etc)
- Anyone interested in spending two days laughing for no reason with other amazing laughter yogis & yoginis
Included in this training package:
- Certified Laughter Yoga Leader Training manual – printed, in addition you will be sent an electronic training manual upon registration.
- Dr Kataria’s “Laugh for No Reason” E-book (PDF)
- A laughter memory stick containing resources, logos and other marketing material.
- You will be a “Certified Laughter Yoga Leader” with certificate, accredited to Laughter Yoga International
- A follow up supervison session with the training group, plus 2 x 30 minute Skype supervision calls with the trainer (Kate)
- 6 months free prozone membership with Laughter Yoga International
Click here to read testimonials from previous trainees on this course
Cost of CLYL Training:
R2400 for both days ~ We also offer pensioners discounts & whenever possible we offer sponsored/subsidised positions for qualifying candidates. Please contact me for details
Please note that space is limited to 8 participants on this weekends training – if you intend joining – please contact me to find out dates
The Cape Town training takes place in Noordhoek – Southern Peninsula
Catering: Tea & Coffee are supplied. Attendees all bring something vegetarian to share for Lunches.
About your trainer: Kate Squire-Howe
Kate is a Certified Laughter Yoga Teacher, affiliated to Laughter Yoga International. Kate studied in India with founder of Laughter Yoga International – Dr Madan Kataria. During this training, she underwent an intensive Laughter Retreat, learning to embody the “Inner spirit of Laughter”. Kate comes from a background of Counselling having practiced in this field for many years. She has extensive experience in group facilitation and is particularly passionate about group work. This unique crossover skills is carried into her Laughter Workshops.
As a Laughter Yoga teacher, Kate trains professionals to be certified Laughter Yoga Leaders recognized under this international body.
Please feel free to contact me, to book your place or for more information
Kate +732234478 email@example.com [button link=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”]Contact Laughter Yoga Teacher Kate[/button]
or to view Dr Kataria’s Laughter Yoga School, The International Laughter Yoga website www.laughteryoga.org
What you can do with this qualification
On completion of the weekends training you will be a Certified Laughter Yoga Leader affiliated to Laughter Yoga International. Part of being a Laughter Yoga Leader is a requirement to start and run your own Social Laughter Yoga Club – running your own club is a very good practice as it gives you experience of leading groups in laughter. You will also be qualified to lead groups at schools, with senior citizens, with special needs groups etc. You are also welcome to include aspects of Laughter Yoga into your current work or trainings.
If you already a therapist or coach then you could integrate the Laughter work into your therapy or coaching work. Please note the Laughter Yoga Leader training does not equip you to be a One on One Laughter Coach or Laughter Therapist
In order to be a Laughter Yoga teacher, qualified to train people as Laughter Yoga leaders, you need to do the Laughter Yoga Teacher training 5 day course, this is offered by Dr Kataria in India.
To read more about the levels of training offered by Laughter Yoga International, click here